Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Boston wins in homecourt dominated series

Boston beat Atlanta 110-85 in a series where the team playing at home has one every game so far. Based on that, does a game seven seem likely. I don't think so. Garnett had 20 points in the blowout. Based on the way they played today and Atlanta's weakneses, I see Boston winning in Atlanta in game six. Atlanta is a very enthusiastic team when they can run and gun. With exception of their best player in Joe Johnson, the rest of the team has to run and gun in order to get going. Many anticipated Boston to sweep this series, but Atlanta has stepped up their game. This has been good for the Celtics in this series I think they'll win and go much further. Atlanta is teaching them that they can take no team lightly by seeing Atlanta coming back to win two in a row after the Celtics' won the first two games of the series. What do you think readers?

1 comment:

I-HATE-SPANISH said...

I like Boston in this series too. Its tuff not to, with the star-power of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen. I can see the Celts going deep into the playoffs, maybe finals??? Your right, you cant overlook anyone in the playoffs or take a night off.

I guess Mark Cuban's patience is wearing thin. The Mavs fired coach Avery Johnson today, after Dallas lost their first-round playoff series to New Orleans 4 games to 1. I think this was a mistake, and a sign of fustration. I liked Avery, and with a .735 winning percentage and a finals appearence in his first 3 years as a coach, another team will too.