Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Would you have fired Avery Johnson?

Mavericks coach Avery Johnson has been fired. He led the Mavericks to the third highest regular season winning percentage over his coaching span of all time. The post season is a different story, however. His Maverics wer below .500 in the post season. The Mavs wer not the favorite in their series against the Hornets, but they had Jason Terry and Dirk. Dallas ownership is giving Johnson the bulk of the blame. Many would give him the bulk of the blame for leading the heat 2-0 in the 2006 finals, and losing the next four games. He was a superb coach, in my opinion, and I think The Dallas Mavericks organization is doing this out of mere frustration that they were contenders year after year and never won a ring. If I were in charge , i wouldn't have fired him. Would you have fired Avery Johnson. Feel free to post a comment!

1 comment:

I-HATE-SPANISH said...

I commented about Avery on last post.